When I considered writing this post, I initially thought that there was no way I could fathom twenty different things about myself.
I think openness and a sense of transparency is important if I am to resonate with readers. As strangers, I want my writing to reach you, I want you to be able to feel connected to what you are reading, and for that to happen, perhaps you should be able to come to know me a little bit better. So here is a list of twenty very random things about me:
- I am a mother to two little boys who are two and five years of age.
- I have four cats, Phoebe Kit Marie, Gordo, Juniper Moon and Fern Graves.
- I got my name when my mother (Who’s middle name is Samantha) loved the character Samantha, portrayed by Alyssa Milano, on Who’s the Boss. I later went on to love Charmed, and named my cat, Phoebe, after Alyssa Milano’s character on the show. Phoebe’s full name comes entirely from the show Charmed, Kit the cat, and Holy Marie Combs name contributing.
- I am a March born Pisces, through and through. While some people don’t subscribe to the zodiac signs, and some simply don’t fit the preconceived molds, I am undoubtedly a Pisces.
- I am currently, and unbelievably, 29 years old.
- I am married to my best friend. We have been married for five years and have our two lovely boys to show for it.
- I have written a number of books, all of which are not published and need serious rewriting.
- I love horror and true crime books and movies.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I co-moderate a book club.
- I love house plants, especially the ones I can hang that grow long.
- I would love to live in the snowy woods one day.
- My top three favorite visual artists are Dark Town Sally, Esao Andrews, and Alex Kuno.
- I have moved 18 times.
- My favorite author is Holly Black.
- My top three favorite illustrators are Brian Froud, Tony DiTerlizzi, and Stephen Gammell.
- I suffer from agoraphobia and anxiety.
- I have never been stung by a bee.
- My least favorite food is Mushrooms.
- My favorite band is Circa Survive.
If you’ve made it to the end, tell me three things about yourself in the comments below!